суббота, 9 апреля 2022 г.

Andy Lindquist - Eighty One (2022)

 


Andy Lindquist has been making music now for 44 years. He started his first band at 13 years old, named, "Stone Soup". Andy wrote his first song at the age of 13 and has written, and produced thousands since.

 

He was born and raised in Grand Forks, North Dakota, to a lower middle class American family. His father was a WWII Navy Hero and Pearl Harbor survivor. His mother raised 7 children in their tiny little yellow house at 216 Polk St.

Andy started playing trumpet at the age of 9. He loved Louis Armstrong and Herb Albert. Andy went on to purchase his first guitar at 13. All the way from "Stone Soup" to his current 43 solo records, he's covered quite a bit of territory in his 44 years as a musician.

Andy is not without his hardships. Some 24 years ago he was diagnosed with a rare disease called Behcet's. He married his wife April in the hospital 24 years ago. They weren't sure of Andy would make it. The diagnosis was grim and daunting to say the least.

Andy went on to suffer a series of three very serious strokes. Each time losing his ability to play his guitar and his other instruments. Andy says "Those were dark days indeed. I had to do a lot of soul searching to figure out who I was beyond Andy, the performer and the writer. I literally had to reteach myself how to play."

 

Andy not only recovered, he triumphed. Most of his 43 records have been written and recorded since his last stroke in 2004. Andy says "When I was trying to bring my brain back to be on speaking terms with my hands, I gained more as I slowly recovered. I am living proof that music can heal all wounds." Since the Behcet's Disease is associated with chronic pain, Lindquist chooses to use making music as a holistic answer to killing pain. "I've find that when I am in the middle of creating, writing, playing and singing, the last thing I am thinking about is pain. I float along with music, and it helps me to cope with this endless pain cycle"

Andy moved to the Minneapolis in 1983. He played with many bands in the Twin Cities. From "Night Train" to "Fat City" to "Big Logic". In 2000 Andy moved to Seattle to take a position as "Heart's" guitar player. Andy played with many Seattle acts in his 2 years of residency in the Emerald city. After being hired by Heart, Andy suffered another stroke. "I nearly lost my mind during that time! I had worked so hard at my craft, and to get such and opportunity to play with an amazing act, then to have it taken away by fates fickle hand. nearly destroyed me completely."






To download, go to Telegram

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий