пятница, 29 апреля 2022 г.

Matt Pearce & The Mutiny - The Soul Food Store (2022)


 ‘The Soul Food Store’ is the new 11-track album by Matt Pearce & The Mutiny, released on April 29th through Mutinear Records. Like his debut release ‘Gotta Get Home’ the self-produced album features Matt as lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter, aided and abetted by some top tier, London blues scene talent.


Matt explains how the album came about:


“So… what is ‘The Soul Food Store’? A place, a state of mind, a feeling? When the song came along, mid-lockdown, it seemed to tie together all the songs I’d been working on, gave it a focus.”


“I wanted my album to be what my favourite music is to me, somewhere to go to be happy, laugh, sing, dance, forget all my troubles, or be comforted despite them. These 11 songs run the gamut of my musical influences, if ‘Gotta Get Home’ was a statement of intent, that bluesy rock could be funky, then this album is about me being at home, with all the music I love.


 


So as well as the funk and the rockin’ blues there’s some soul, and ballads, and psychedelia, and maybe even a little disco vibe creepin’ in… All the sounds that put a smile on my face and that I hope will do the same to you. But to get back to ‘The Soul Food Store’… the whole point of this album is to combat the negativity that’s so easy to give in to these days, and like the old song, accentuate the positive! But always with a grooove… As the last song on the album says, ‘everybody should be king of their world every day…’


 


So… ‘The Soul Food Store’ is opening soon, you coming in..?”



To download, go to Telegram

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий